17.11.11

loving life here & sneak peek of the photoshoot!


Last Wednesday was pretty chill - had some quality assistant bonding time with S, A & M while lesson planning, watching a Scottish cooking show, & then a delicious quiche for dinner! Thursday I taught again – reviewed colors & started on English-speaking countries for the older kids. Printed out a blank map of the world for the kids, worked on English translations of countries (i.e. Etats-Unis = United States), & located the countries on a map. The crew went out Thursday, student night, as usual! Lots of dancing & one of the best nights yet! Friday I was up bright & early to get Katie F from the train station! YAY! It was SO nice to get a visit from someone from home, and we did a lot! Friday we wandered les jardins & basically explored Nîmes. Saturday – trip to Arles – a town about an hour bus ride southeast of Nîmes. There was a huge market & we ended up spending the day with 2 other assistants, J & B. It was really nice, I’ll post some pics later since they’re still on my camera. Definitely happy I live in Nîmes though :)

That night we went to M’s housewarming party – delicious food, met some new people, great conversations, followed by a night full of dancing (hmm…theme to our nightlife). Sunday we did a tour of the arena, still here from Roman times. There was so much more information & guidance here than when I toured the Coliseum in Rome! Learned about all the different types of gladiators, what kinds of events happened in the arena, & even how there was a village IN it during the middle ages! Crazy. We then went to rugby with the crew, Nîmes v. Marseille. Happy to say that Nîmes pretty much smashed Marseille – 30something – 3! Will definitely be returning to watch more games, the fans are great & it feels good to be around sports again. Still haven’t found people to play soccer with, but I’ve learned that it’s a guys sport here. All the French guys I’ve talked to are really surprised, and kind of taken aback, when they can talk “football” with me. Snaps to Title IX!

This week! Monday morning Katie left to return to Barcelona, and I chilled out in my room a bit before heading to S’s for some lesson planning & Scottish comedy! Learned a lot of Scottish vocab & jokes that’ll come in handy over Christmas :) Tuesday, after a rough morning, got much better as I continued the lesson on English-speaking countries & the kids colored & labeled flags of Australia, New Zealand, the US, UK, and Canada! The second half of my day was teaching perfection & then the crew went to see Drive in a theatre that shows movies in their original language.



Wednesday. Out of a dream, thanks to Asia, Alston & S. So, background – Asia is a photographer, just started getting more serious this year (I believe, Asia correct me if I’m wrong), & since we became Facebook friends this summer I’ve kept an eye on her amazing pictures. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Acro-Photography/105287422895146
I did a few fun, casual photoshoots with high school friends but we didn’t know what we were doing. So when Asia asked if I would model for her for a shoot, it was an automatic YES. I love photography, being outside, doing something new…the amazing resulting pictures are just a bonus. Honestly, if there were no pictures from the day I wouldn’t be crushed. It was that much fun! We went to les jardins (told you I’d return at least once a week) & S also modeled. Gorgeous day in Nîmes, 60s & sunny, clear skies. Outside for 4 hours taking pictures!

AcroPhotography


AcroPhotography
More to come! 

bisous

No comments:

Post a Comment