16.11.11

back in Nîmes!


It’s been awhile since I told you all about life in Nîmes! We returned from the road trip on Halloween, so I made it back to celebrate with the assistant crew. S even set up a bucket so we could bob for apples! That week I taught colors, which was an interesting experience with CP. I ended up doing 2 lessons on colors with them, because they still hadn’t gotten it after the first lesson. I think it’s just another thing I have to review on a regular basis for them to really get. We did dinner on Friday night and of course S & I went to CKF for some dancing. Saturday I slept in, then went to M’s for an amazing dinner! She made moules frites (mussels with French fries) with a simple white sauce, I made roasted carrots and mushrooms, and we had bread & wine as well. New cooking goal – learn how to make moules frites with various sauces! & try a few recipes from Julia Child’s cookbook. May as well while I’m in France! I stayed at M’s that night, and went to brunch at H’s the next morning with the crew. Fruit salad, lochs, breakfast burritos…beginning to believe my friendships revolve around food here. But, when in France...

Monday M & I went for a run to les jardins, my first time actually exploring the entirety of the gardens! & ohmygoodness what a gem. I’ve returned several times since then & will certainly make it at least a weekly jaunt. Tuesday I went to Montpellier for my OFII doctor’s appointment – the final step to get our visa completely approved. I got there a bit early to have lunch with Asia & her bf who’s in from Australia & C. The appointment went smoothly, and was a lot easier/faster than I expected. I also met up with Z, another girl working in Nîmes who I almost got to live with. We had a lovely glass of wine in La Place de Concorde (not positive that’s the name..ha) after our successful approval. People-watching was fabulous, lots of characters, as was the conversation. I am reminded every day how lucky I am that there are such wonderful assistants here with me in Nîmes & nearby in Montpellier.

*Must run, will finish updating soon – promise!! bisous

No comments:

Post a Comment