26.9.11

paris, je t'aime

"America is my country and Paris is my hometown" 
-Gertrude Stein

8th arrondissement

"Paris is always a good idea" 
-the movie "Sabrina"


guess where!

"...Paris is a moveable feast"
-Ernest Hemingway


locks along a seine bridge

"Paris is a real ocean. Wander through it, describe it as you may, there will always remain an undiscovered place, an unknown retreat, flowers,pearls, monsters, something unheard of."
-Honore de Balzac


musée d'orsay

Needless to say - Paris is a dream. My third time in this city & I fall in love with it more each time as I discover more of the city. For the first time I got to explore le Marais, 8th arr & the northwest area of the city, sit & read in various parks across the city, & take it in strides rather than rushing about. MK & I have walked everywhere...I think we've taken the metro once? It's been so relaxing - I'm finally caught up on sleep & in my travel element. We're getting slightly used to speaking French on a regular basis, even if it's just easy conversational stuff. The croissants, café, pain au chocolate, crêpes & bon vin...c'est parfait. Absolute perfection. Of course, once I get to Nîmes I'll start eating better & working out again :)  All in all this week has been fabulous & I will do a separate post about our day at Versailles! 

As for right now - we've got one more day in Paris: Bastille, Latin quarter, Luxembourg gardens...& more pastries & wine. Could life get much better??

bises

No comments:

Post a Comment