12.9.11

44


We’re beyond days now, time to count down the hours till I leave Evanston!

44 hrs to go:

Nabbed Italian & Spanish Rosetta Stone from a friend & am obsessed! Probably should have grabbed French, but at this point I’m just diving into that language when I arrive in Paris. I’m doing Italian now though – la donne cucina – the woman cooks! For the first couple lessons I was definitely mixing it with French pronunciation, oops! & the rolling “r’s” are different…I can do the French one but the Italian one is giving me a hard time (like in corre, run). Anyways, it’s awesome.
lake michigan

To catch up, last week I went out to Barrington & said goodbye to the extended Wood fam. I’m going to miss Thanksgiving with the Wood clan a LOT this year! Next day I was off to the Indiana Dunes National Seashore with KO for some camping! My version of camping is not roughing it – we filled her Prius with all of our stuff! 3 sleeping bags, mats, a few blankets, a cooler & a tub filled with food, a bottle of wine (bien sur), bananagrams, 2 tents (just in case), clothes, winter clothes (for the chilly night ahead) & several magazines – including the September issue of Vogue. So yes, we went “camping”! 
tentin' in style

it got a bit cold...
It was soo great to get out of the city & into nature. We did a couple short hikes around park, among the dunes & beaches. Both days it was really windy, but we managed to eat a sandy chickpea salad for dinner on the beach, from where you could see the teensy-tiny Chicago skyline. It was a short 24 hours, but I managed to slightly disconnect from the craziness of getting ready for France, etc & enjoy the moment, being outside, & being with KO.
Since then, I finished working for the summer. Have to admit, a lone tear rolled down my face when I had to leave H, the 1 ½ year old I babysat all summer. Damn cute kid.
The rest of my time has been spent on a mix of working out, working on my room, gathering things to pack, preparing for interviews and running errands.
Oops just remembered one thing I should have gotten done about OH 2 weeks ago – dfjaskfgslkg.

bises

No comments:

Post a Comment