23.12.11

Freeeedooommm!!!!!


I’m in Scotland! And, surprisesurprise, I am loving this country & these people :) For those of you who don’t know, I’m spending Christmas in Scotland with my friend Sarah this year since I can’t go home (too expensive). M, C, Anna, Sarah & I all flew from Nîmes to London Luton on Friday night, then Sarah & I flew up to Glasgow early Saturday morning. There we were greeted by snow on the ground & her mom & dad!! They were so funny, had signs saying “Sarah Philliben” and “Audrey Wood” for us at arrivals. The snow was lovely to see while touching down, but it didn’t extend from Glasgow to Stirling. Oh, here’s a map of Scotland!


I flew into Glasgow, it was about a 45 minute drive over to Stirling (home of the Wallace Monument). Glasgow is the biggest city in Scotland, with Edinburgh and Aberdeen following. Saturday was pretty chill, had a lovely breakfast at Sarah’s & chatted with the fam before going for a quick haircut. Then – YAY – got to have coffee with two Kappa sisters :D Amy & Brenna, it was sooo good to see you two! Brenna was studying abroad in Stirling this past semester & Amy is doing grad school in Aberdeen. The rest of the afternoon was spent watching Christmas movies, hanging out in front of a cozy fire, & going to bed early. Sunday we went into Edinburgh to meet a few of her friends for the German Christmas Market, some shopping, and a late lunch.
Ice Skating Rink in Edinburgh!

after lunch
It was freezing there & I was a bit sick, so round 2 of Edinburgh (a few days later) was a lot better. Still, loved getting to meet some of her friends & lunch was really nice! Monday morning we met M & C at the station, they came up from Surrey for a few days to visit us & see a bit of Scotland. It was nice to have some more Nîmes-ers around! This was another lazy day in front of the fire since the boys were exhausted from a night of bus travel up the UK. Aaand Monday night – huge party at Sarah’s with most of her high school friends! I loved meeting all her friends, the accents throughout the room, great chats about Scotland & the States, and we all had a fun night out. Made me miss my own “prom group” reunions that we have every winter break back in Evanston! I’ll end with that for now, will update on our more cultural/touristy outings tomorrow.

Lots of love from Scotland xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment