16.10.11

lucky :)

Current Countdown:
4 days until Montpellier & Britney Spears with Asia
5 days until EUROroadtrip11 commences
6 days until Budapest (one of the top cities I wanted to visit this year)
8 till Auschwitz & Krakow
9 till Prague
10 till Munich
11 till Zurich & King Ludwigs castle in Bavaria
12 till Lyon/Grenoble (TBD)
13 till Halloween festivities in Nîmes
37 days until THANKSGIVING aka my absolute favorite holiday!
38 till I return to Bath for a weekend (!!!)
and…less than 9 weeks until Scotland! 
My life is absolutely amazing; I am constantly reminded of how lucky I am to be living here in France and in Nîmes in particular. This weekend just cemented my love for the other assistants here! Here are a couple older pics:
M, S, M & I in front of a fountain - the figurine represents Nîmes
the first (huge) assistants dinner in place du marché
This weekend:
· Friday afternoon M, S & I went to Les Jardins de la Fontaine for a few hours to relax in the sun. There was a group of little kids playing soccer & I was tempted to play with…time to find a club to join!
· M, S, C & I went to Decathlon (French version of Dick’s Sporting Goods) for a huge bike sale they’re having this week. No luck on Saturday, but A & I are trying again Monday afternoon.
· H hosted a fabulous dinner at her apartment on Saturday night – cheese, bread, olives, wine, salmon, quiche, tomato & cucumber salad, chocolate, biscuits & lots of wonderful people. 
S, me, A
me, C, E
· Saturday & Sunday mornings at 10am a few of us met at the Irish bar for RUGBY! On Saturday, France played Wales & won (quite the celebration) so we decided to wake up for Sunday’s game as well. Australia played & lost to New Zealand – so New Zealand & France will be playing in the finals. Unfortunately, I’ll be on the road while the game is happening so hopefully we can get updated upon arrival in Budapest. I’m starting to understand rugby rules, which is definitely resulting in more appreciation for the sport (though it will never replace soccer).
· L has booked tickets to come visit me for New Years & the beginning of January!!!!!!
· Hung around the apartment Sunday afternoon/evening & got to Skype with several friends which was wonderful! Looking forward to seeing a few familiar faces over the next few months!
· A & I decided to look for a 10K to sign up for! I’ve never run in a race, besides elementary school track, so this will certainly be a first. K inspired me after she ran the Chicago Marathon (so proud!!) – obviously 10K is nothing close, but as I’m not the biggest fan of long distance, small steps are necessary.
These next few weeks will be VERY busy, but I’ll try to stay on top of blogging :)
Bises!

1 comment:

  1. When you return, if you are up for it, wanna join me as I hope (and pray) to run my 2nd Chicago Marathon next Oct 2012? We can have the Wood family cheer us on. ;-)

    Until then, i hope you can find time to exercise some of your beautiful painting skills on all that you've been soaking in. What a treat that would be to see!

    ReplyDelete